Argosy University, Schaumburg recognizes the need to offer human services providers the extensive knowledge and range of skills necessary to serve effectively in the profession. Programs have been developed by Argosy University faculty members to enable students to pursue personal and professional goals through completion of a Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program. Courses and curricula are designed to parallel prevailing licensure and certification requirements as closely as possible. Because of variations among states, each student should check with regional authorities to confirm such requirements.
Last year, there were 42 graduates of Argosy University – Schaumburg’s master’s degree in Community Counseling program. The pass rate for graduates taking the NCE examination in 2012 was 80%. Of the admitted students, 90% graduate from the program in the expected time period and 100% of those program graduates responding to surveys who are actively seeking jobs are employed.
• Professional Identity: Value all aspects of professional functioning, including history, roles, organizational structures, ethics, legalities, standards, and credentialing
• Social and Cultural Diversity: Apply core theory and research of the cultural context of relationships, issues, and trends in a multicultural and diverse society to the counseling profession
• Human Growth and Development: Interpret and apply core theory and research of the nature and needs of individuals at all developmental levels
• Career Development: Apply core theory and research of career development, the psychology of work, and related factors
• Helping Relationships: Ethically and effectively deliver a range of counseling and consultation services
• Group Work: Understand the theoretical and experiential foundations of group purpose, development, and dynamics; will apply group counseling methods and skills
• Assessment: Understand principles of testing and measurement, and will apply both individual and group methods of assessment and evaluation
• Research and Program Evaluation: Understand methods and roles of research, statistical analysis, needs assessment, and program evaluation
• Communication: Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Interpersonal Effectiveness: Develop and improve positive relationship skills via effective communication, respect for others, appreciation of diversity and cultural sensitivity, and awareness of their impact on others.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in this Argosy University, Schaumburg master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information. End your search for clinical mental health counseling programs in Schaumburg at Argosy University, Schaumburg.
This degree program is also offered at other Argosy University Locations
Tuition Data for this program at
Argosy University, Schaumburg
Below is the current tuition cost for this program for a full-time student completing the entire program in normal time. All tuition and fees are subject to change.
|Books & Digital Resources||$0|
|Room & Board||$0|
The financial aid office uses an estimate of direct and indirect costs to determine how much financial aid a student may be eligible for. Direct costs include tuition, fees, some books and supplies, and institutional housing. Indirect costs include estimates of other living expenses, transportation and personal expenses. Housing costs may be considered direct or indirect. Examples of the costs of attendance estimates used can be found by clicking here.
*optional where available
Gainful Employment Information for this program
How much will this program cost me?
Below is the institution tuition cost for this program for a full-time student completing the entire program in normal time. All tuition and fees are subject to change.
|Books & Digital Resources||$1700|
|Room & Board||$0|
*optional where available
What are my financing options to pay for the program?
How long will it take me to complete this program?
What percentage of students find employment in their field or a related field?
What are the job opportunities for graduates of this program?
For more information on job opportunities in this field of study, see the following links on career paths that may be open to you after studying in this field: The job opportunities links are for general information purposes. The program you have selected could have different outcomes. Please check with your admissions registrar for detailed information.