The application process for admission into the MA in Educational Psychology degree program requires the submission of all materials that will enable the School Psychology Admissions Committee to verify the applicant’s academic qualifications to enroll in a graduate professional school. Because the admissions procedure also takes into consideration the qualities essential to becoming an effective educational and mental health professional, material is also required to which will help to determine the individual’s personal integrity, maturity, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate.
• A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• A grade point average (GPA) as described below. Additional requirements may apply.
- 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for the last 60 hours of coursework (including graduate work).
- Applicants with grade point averages lower than the stated program minimums may be considered for admission with significant evidence of academic and professional potential demonstrated by the career and/or professional accomplishments indicated in the statement of academic and professional goals, the career summary, and academic or professional letters of recommendation. Such Admission must be recommended by the Admissions Committee and program chair and must be justified, documented, signed, placed, and retained in the student’s academic file.
• A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, “English Language Proficiency Policy.”
• Completion of an interview with a member of the program Admissions Committee.
• Evidence of Criminal Background check.*
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
• Completed Application for Admission Form.
• Application fee (Non-refundable, except in California and Arizona. In the state of Arizona, the application fee is refundable if the application is canceled within three business days of the applicant signing the Enrollment Agreement).
• Personal/professional goal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession.
• Current résumé (or career summary).
• Three completed Applicant Recommendation Forms.
• Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended.