• A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
• A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master’s degree and in any subsequent graduate study
• A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, “English Language Proficiency Policy.”
• A minimum of 3 years of full-time successful teaching experience or experience in P-12 schools as a salaried certified employee (If teaching experience is from another state, applicant must submit formal verification that the school was state approved.)
• Evidence of valid educational certificate
• Evidence of a criminal background or fingerprint check
• The principal at the school where the aspirant is employed must sign a Memorandum of Understanding that the potential candidate will be permitted to perform most of the 240-hour practicum at that site.
• Interview with Program Admissions Committee and recommendation for admittance
• A Writing Sample submitted with the program application
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
• Completed Application for Admission Form
• Application fee (Non-refundable, except in California and Arizona. In the state of Arizona, the application fee is refundable if the application is canceled within three business days of the applicant signing the Enrollment Agreement).
• Personal/professional goal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession
• Current résumé
• Three letters of recommendation (two from a source familiar with the student’s academic abilities and one from a current school or district administrator)
• Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended