The Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree program at Argosy University, Inland Empire is designed to prepare students to work in public and private human services agencies and organizations such as mental health centers, guidance centers, mental hospitals, alcohol and drug treatment centers, and correctional institutions. This degree program is intended for individuals already employed in the human services field who wish to advance or those who plan to change careers to the human services professions. Students will have an opportunity to apply relevant academic theory to practice through a competency-based curriculum. The master’s degree in Human Services program is designed to develop an understanding of the needs of diverse populations, as well as the systems essential to operating human service programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Outcome One: Theoretical Application
• Apply the knowledge, theory, and skills of the human service profession to support sound decision-making and improve service outcomes.
Program Outcome Two: Interdisciplinary Practice
• Integrate knowledge and skills from multiple disciplines into professional practice, such as effecting behavioral change, applying systems thinking, and achieving service outcomes.
Program Outcome Three: Research
• Develop skills in inquiry, critical thinking, and decision making to initiate change and evaluate its consequences for the human services field.
Program Outcome Four: Personal Value Systems and Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Develop self-awareness and a service oriented value system to establish, build, and sustain effective working relationships that address the needs of service populations.
Program Outcome Five: Multicultural Competence
• Analyze the unique characteristics of diverse populations and apply culturally responsive strategies to strengthen professional practice and enhance service outcomes.
Program Outcome Six: Professional Ethics
• Analyze and apply the ethical and social responsibilities of the human services professional to practice.
Program Outcome Seven: Policy Advocacy
• Examine social and group dynamics, and evaluate the policy development cycle for advocacy avenues, communication strategies, and coalition building opportunities to effect social change.
Program Outcome Eight: Administration of Human Services
• Execute duties and responsibilities that support and promote the organizational mission, including managing group performance and evaluating programs to assess their effectiveness and viability.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in the Argosy University, Inland Empire master’s degree in Human Services program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.
This degree program is also offered at other Argosy University Locations
Tuition Data for this program at
Argosy University, Inland Empire
Below is the current tuition cost for this program for a full-time student completing the entire program in normal time. All tuition and fees are subject to change.
|Books & Digital Resources||$1080|
|Room & Board||$0|
The financial aid office uses an estimate of direct and indirect costs to determine how much financial aid a student may be eligible for. Direct costs include tuition, fees, some books and supplies, and institutional housing. Indirect costs include estimates of other living expenses, transportation and personal expenses. Housing costs may be considered direct or indirect. Examples of the costs of attendance estimates used can be found by clicking here.
*optional where available
Gainful Employment Information for this program
How much will this program cost me?
Below is the institution tuition cost for this program for a full-time student completing the entire program in normal time. All tuition and fees are subject to change.
|Books & Digital Resources||$1068|
|Room & Board||$0|
*optional where available
What are my financing options to pay for the program?
How long will it take me to complete this program?
What percentage of students find employment in their field or a related field?
What are the job opportunities for graduates of this program?
For more information on job opportunities in this field of study, see the following links on career paths that may be open to you after studying in this field: The job opportunities links are for general information purposes. The program you have selected could have different outcomes. Please check with your admissions registrar for detailed information.