• A master’s degree in education or an aligned field from a regionally accredited institution, a nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Education, or an appropriately certified foreign institution
• A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master’s degree and in any subsequent graduate study
• A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, “English Language Proficiency Policy.”
• An initial teaching certificate and/or current experience working in the P-12 setting with students
• A criminal background check or fingerprint check
• Submission of evidence (typically a copy of a teaching certificate/license) of current criminal background or fingerprint check
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
• Completed Application for Admission Form
• Application fee (Non-refundable, except in California and Arizona. In the state of Arizona, the application fee is refundable if the application is canceled within three business days of the applicant signing the Enrollment Agreement).
• Official transcripts from the institution that conferred the master’s degree and any institutions where graduate coursework was subsequently taken. Bachelor’s level transcripts are not required.
• Prior to matriculation applicants will be required to submit a personal/professional goal statement (the statement is used for advisement purposes and does not become part of the academic file).