• A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
• A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master’s degree and in any subsequent graduate study
• A minimum score of 550 on the written TOEFL® or 79 on the TOEFL® Internet (iBT) is also required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction
• Photocopy of valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (plastic) issued by the Utah Department of Public Safety
• A minimum of three years of verified full time teaching experience in grades Prekindergarten-12 or related education services experience in grades Prekindergarten-12. If teaching or related education services experience is from another state, applicant must submit formal verification that the school was a stateapproved school.
• Verification of state approved Structured English Immersion training†
• Interview with Program Admissions Committee and recommendation for admittance
• A Writing Sample proctored by the Program
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
• Completed Application for Admission Form
• Application fee (Non-refundable, except in California and Arizona. In the state of Arizona, the application fee is refundable if the application is canceled within three business days of the applicant signing the Enrollment Agreement.)
• Personal goal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession
• Current résumé
• Two letters of recommendation (one from a source familiar with student’s academic abilites and one from a current school administrator)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
† Students who have not successfully completed the Structured English Immersion certification requirement prior to enrolling in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration program will need to meet this requirement in order to complete the program.