The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in School Psychology degree program at Argosy University, Sarasota is dedicated to producing ethical, responsible, and competent school psychologists who are able to function effectively in a number of professional roles. During your graduate training, you will have the opportunity to develop core competencies in psychological assessment, intervention, consultation/education, as well as cultural and individual diversity.
As a graduate of this School Psychology degree program, you may be eligible for Department of Education certification. The program is designed to prepare students to become Nationally Certified School Psychologists in accordance with criteria developed by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
Using objectives built on the training standards by NASP, you will gain knowledge and skills in the areas of:
• Data-based decision-making and accountability
• Consultation and collaboration
• Effective instruction and development of cognitive/academic skills
• Socialization and development of life skills
• Student diversity in development and learning
• School and systems organization, policy development and climate
• Prevention, crisis intervention, and mental health
• Home/school/community collaboration
• Research and program evaluation
• School psychology practice and development
• Information technology
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in the Argosy University, Sarasota School Psychology program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.
This degree program is also offered at other Argosy University Locations