The Master of Arts (MA) in School Psychology degree program at Argosy University, Sarasota in Sarasota, Florida, is dedicated to producing ethical, responsible, and competent school psychologists who are able to function effectively in a number of professional roles. During your graduate training in this Argosy University, Sarasota School Psychology program, you will have the opportunity to develop core competencies in psychological assessment, intervention, consultation/education, as well as cultural and individual diversity.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can apply for Florida certification as a school psychologist through the transcript review process and for national certification through the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). Argosy University does not guarantee certification as various state agencies and NASP control such decisions which are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
• The student has knowledge of varied models and methods of assessment and will be able to use appropriate data-gathering procedures to diagnose and determine appropriate intervention techniques.
• The student has knowledge of behavioral, mental health, collaborative and/or other consultation models and of their application to particular solutions.
• The student will be able to identify human learning processes, techniques to assess these processes, and direct and indirect services applicable to the development of cognitive and academic skills.
• The student has knowledge of human developmental processes, techniques to assess these processes, and can implement appropriate and effective therapeutic interventions (both direct and indirect) to facilitate the development of behavioral, affective, adaptive, and social skills.
• The student will demonstrate an appreciation of basic diversity and multicultural issues and of the potential influence of biological, social, cultural, ethnic, experiential socioeconomic, gender-related, and linguistic factors in development and learning.
• The student will demonstrate an understanding of educational and other systems and be able to successfully perform in the school environment.
• The student will be able to select and implement appropriate and effective therapeutic interventions as they relate to prevention, wellness promotion, and crisis needs.
• The student has an understanding of family influences on development, learning, and behavior, and can utilize techniques to involve the family in the educational partnership.
• The student will perform in accordance with recognized practices in school psychology and will demonstrate knowledge of relevant ethical and legal issues in school psychology.
• The student will be able to utilize information sources and technology to gain new knowledge relevant to the study of school psychology.
• The student will demonstrate knowledge of research, statistics, and evaluation methods.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in the Argosy University, Sarasota Master of Arts degree in School Psychology program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.
This degree program is also offered at other Argosy University Locations
Only the MAED in Educational Administration and the EdS and EdD in Initial Educational Administration lead to Florida Principal certification upon completion of all state and program requirements, including passage of all required Florida state licensure exams.
All other programs offered through Argosy University, Sarasota College of Education DO NOT lead to teacher, administrator, school counseling, or school psychology certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States.
The programs offered through Argosy University, Online Programs DO NOT lead to teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States regardless of the State in which the student resides.