Explore the Argosy University, Seattle Counseling Psychology program.
The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Counseling Psychology degree program is designed to present a structured opportunity to prepare counselors and master’s level clinicians from a variety of settings with the skills and credentials necessary to pursue leadership, supervision, training, and teaching positions in the profession.
The Argosy University, Seattle Counseling Psychology degree program is designed to emphasize the development of attitudes, knowledge and skills essential in the formation of professionals who are committed to the ethical provision of quality services. To ensure that students are prepared adequately, the curriculum is designed to provide for the meaningful integration of theory, training and practice. Specific objectives of the program include the following:
• The training of practitioners capable of delivering effective treatment to diverse populations of clients in need of such treatment.
• The development of counseling psychologists who understand the biological, psychological and sociological bases of human functioning.
• The training of practitioners who are capable of exercising leadership both in the health care delivery system and in the training of mental health professionals.
• The preparation of counseling psychologists capable of expanding their role within society.
• The education of practitioners capable of working with other disciplines as part of a professional team.
Students with a background in mental health, social work, school counseling, pastoral counseling, and psychiatric nursing have the opportunity to join together to earn the terminal degree in their field. They can develop new interests and levels of competency and direction for practice through an applied, research-practitioner approach to the role of professional counselor and doctoral level practitioners.
Faculty members are committed teaching professionals dedicated to the development of individual student interest areas through course selection and dissertation topics. The eclectic mix of faculty backgrounds, theoretical orientations, and interests exposes students to new ideas while extending established interests.
Eligibility for Licensure
Graduates of the EdD in Counseling Psychology degree program are eligible to become licensed psychologists in Washington. Students should determine the requirements for professional licensure in the state they wish to practice. More information is available from the Washington State Department of Health at: https://wws2.wa.gov/doh/hpqalicensing/ hps7/psychology/default.htm.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in this Argosy University, Seattle Counseling Psychology doctorate degree program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.
This degree program is also offered at other Argosy University Locations