• A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Education, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
• A minimum written TOEFL® score of 550 (paper version), 213 (computer version), or 79 (Internet version) for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction.
• Teaching experience in a K–12 public or private school
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
• Completed Application for Admission Form
• Application fee (non-refundable, except in California)
• Documentation of applicant employment with or access to a professional or educational organization
• Official transcripts from all institutions where credits earned toward the master’s degree are used as the basis for admission, and any subsequent graduate credits earned. Bachelor’s-level credits are not required.
• Prior to matriculation applicants will be required to submit a personal/professional goal statement (the statement is used for advisement purposes and does not become part of the academic file).