Military Student FAQs

Military student FAQs

Find answers to your most common questions

Q: How do I apply for my GI Bill®?

You can apply for the GI Bill® by filling out the VA forms at You will complete VA form 22-1990 if you are applying for the first time and form 22-1995 if you are transferring your benefits from another institution.

Q: What do I do if I used my GI Bill® at another institution?

You will need to fill out a VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of VA Educational Program or Place of Training form. The form may be found at

Q: Does Argosy University participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?

Argosy University is proud to participate in the Post 9/11 GI Bill's "Yellow Ribbon" program. Depending on your benefit eligibility, you may find that you will be able to attend Argosy University without incurring any out-of-pocket expense for tuition. Contact your student finance counselor for more details.

Q: If I am deployed or transferred, will I be able to continue my education later?

Argosy University understands that military personnel are frequently deployed or transferred. If sudden deployments, relocations, or training missions interrupt your education, our military deployment policy provides for qualified military time off with out financial or academic penalty. When your mission is complete, we are here for you. Upon readmission, we will help you to get back on track toward completing your degree.Please also refer to our Military Deployment Refund and Readmissions Policy for additional information.

Q: Which tuition policies are specifically related to veterans and military service members?

Veterans and military service members are charged the same tuition rate as all students and there is no in-state or out-of-state tuition differential. For a list of Argosy University military and veteran institutional scholarships and Federal military education benefits, please review the Military Education Benefits and Military Scholarships sections.

Q: Is Argosy University accredited?

Argosy University is accredited by the Senior College and University Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, In addition, individual programs may be accredited by individual accrediting bodies. For information and contact details regarding Argosy University’s institutional accreditation, state licensing and programmatic accreditation, program disclosures and Veterans Affairs statements, please refer to our catalog or visit our Accreditation and Licensing web page.

Q: When can I get assistance from an Argosy University military advising point of contact?

Immediately. The student services department at each campus is available to assist with information on benefits and the admissions process. Military students are also encouraged to ask about academic support, financial aid advising, disability services and career services that are made available to our students.

Q: What resources or tools are available to use in comparing schools when deciding where to attend school?

The following are resources and tools provided by the Department of Education (ED) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to assist you in comparing institutions and making informed decisions about where to attend school. Please speak with your finance counselor directly for additional guidance regarding the usage of these tools.

(1) The College Scorecard which is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.

(2) The College Navigator which is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.

(3) The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet which is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.

(4) The Paying for College webpage which can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.

Q: As a military member or veteran, what resources are available to assist me in searching for a job?

Graduates of Argosy University will meet individually with a career advisor who specializes in their field of study to review career goals, job-search strategies, interview techniques, and resume development to ensure that they are on the path to success. Please contact the Student Affairs office for additional information.

As military members or veterans, there are many additional resources that are available to assist you in your job search:

Veterans Employment Center

Veteran Employment Center (VEC) is a single source site designed by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their federal partners to help veterans and service members looking for employment opportunities. This site integrates multiple tools and resources for both job seekers and employers. The site includes a military skills translator, a resume builder, a Veterans Job Bank, and other resources. By visiting the Veteran Resource Center, military members and veterans will be connected to employers looking to hire veterans. The site also contains a list of veteran specific career fairs.

U. S. Department of Labor – Veteran Employment and Training

Veterans may find specialized employment support through the Department of Labor’s American Job Centers, which have veteran employment specialists who work only with veterans in their job search and employers who want to hire veteran talent. These specialized staff positions are known as Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP) specialists and Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER). To find the American Job Center and the DVOP or LVER in your area, visit the Department of Labor, CareerOneStop at

American Corporate Partners

A mentor to help veterans in their job search is an important resource. American Corporate Partners (ACP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting veterans in their transition from the armed services to the civilian workforce. With the help of business professionals nationwide, ACP offers veterans tools for long-term career development through mentoring, career counseling, and networking opportunities.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Request Info