Discover Your Future at Argosy University with an Information Technology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/08/2017
The Associate of Science in Information Technology (ASIT) degree program is designed to prepare students for entry-level technology jobs working with computers, applications, and networks.
Courses within the AS in Information Technology program introduce students to fundamental technology concepts and allow learners to develop real-world skills.
Why an Associate of Science Degree in Information Technology?
Through the program’s core courses, students have the opportunity to develop foundational skills and knowledge in hardware, software, networks, business and communication as these relate to the IT field. The program’s concentration courses allow students to develop specialized skills in one of the following fields: computer and network security, or web development.
Why an Information Technology Degree at Argosy University?
Students in the AS in Information Technology degree program can gain broad understanding of the role information systems play in business settings, along with specialized knowledge and skills in one of two areas: computer and network security, or web development. The program is open to both students who have already earned college credit at a community college or other university, and those with no college experience.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org).
Download the Student Achievement Data PDF.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you:
- Must provide proof of high school graduation or documented GED.
- Must provide an official college transcript from a completed associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or nationally accredited institution approved by the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Must have achieved the minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test if your native language is not English or if you have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, English Language Proficiency Policy.
When you’re enrolled, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from professionals with advanced degrees and broad experience* in the information technology field.
- Benefit from a curriculum that provides numerous opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills of information technology through case studies, practical exercises and industry-inspired assessments.
- Use simulation labs, which stimulate learning and encourage full understanding of the subject of study in a real-world environment.
*Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy