Areas of Focus:
Adult General Clinical
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Georgia School of Professional Psychology, 1998.
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, University of Houston-Clear Lake, 1992.
- B.A., Psychology and Managerial Studies, Rice University, 1989.
Dr. Fiona Hill earned her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology. She interned at the University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, where she rotated through the Adult Outpatient clinic, rehabilitation center, and Child Outpatient clinic. Her post-doctoral experience was at Atlanta Behavioral Care, after which she maintained a full-time private practice in Atlanta. Dr. Hill taught as an adjunct professor in the Clinical Psychology and Masters in Counseling programs at the Georgia School of Professional Psychology before joining the full-time faculty in 2003. She specializes in neuropsychological and personality assessment. Dr. Hill teaches courses in Cognitive Assessment, Integrative Assessment, Objective Personality Assessment, Neuropsychological Assessment, Diagnostic Practicum Seminar, Advanced Practicum Seminar, and Group Psychotherapy. Dr. Hill works actively on research projects with graduate students, generally focusing on the efficacy of neuropsychological instruments with a variety of clinical populations. In her practice, Dr. Hill performs fitness-for-duty evaluations, forensic examinations, psychoeducational evaluations, and personality assessments. She also engages in long-term, interpersonal psychotherapy. Dr. Hill has published and presented on topics related to neuropsychology.
Work experience: Private Practice (2000-present); Clinical Associate Faculty, Georgia School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University/Atlanta (2000-2002); Postdoctoral Fellow, Atlanta Psychiatry and Neurology (1999-2000); Psychology Resident, University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- Adult General Clinical.
- Psychological Assessment.
- Group Therapy.
- American Psychological Association
- Georgia Psychological Association
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Dodd, J., DeFilippis, N.A., Hill, F. & Payton, B. (2008). Lipodystrophy related cognitive deficits in HIV patients. Presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Boston.
- Land. J., DeFilippis, N.A., Dodd, J., & Hill, F. (2008). Validation of Category Test Perseveration and Categorization scales. Presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Boston.
- Klingler, L.K., Hill, F., Schmidt, J.M., & DeFilippis, N.A. (2006). Qualitative analysis of naming errors on the Boston Naming Test in Alzheimer’s and subcortical vascular dementia. Presented at the annual meeting of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, San Antonio.
- Jacobs, M., Prosje, M., DeFilippis, N.A. & Hill, F. (2005). Anosmia and executive functions in a head injured population. Presented at the annual meeting of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, Tampa.