Adult General Clinical.
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1991.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1987.
- B.A. Psychology, Duke University, 1982.
After receiving his doctorate in clinical psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University, Dr. Brown completed a postdoctoral fellowship in psychotherapy in the Psychiatry Department of the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Prior to joining our clinical psychology faculty as chair and associate faculty in 2006, Dr. Brown was a faculty member and interim program chair in the professional counseling program at the Argosy University, Atlanta campus. His previous work experience included staff psychologist positions in a university counseling center, an inpatient psychiatric facility, and a behavioral health managed care setting. He also served in as director of outpatient services in a community mental health center in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Brown’s areas of clinical expertise involve cognitive-behavioral theory and relational approaches to psychodynamic therapy. He is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and a delegate for the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology (NCSPP).
Work experience: Associate Professor, Professional Counseling Program, Argosy University, Atlanta (2004-2006); Team Supervisor/Care Manager, Magellan Behavioral Health (1999-2004); CMHC Site Clinical Director, McIntosh Trail Community Service Board (1998-1999); Unit Chief Psychologist, Harris Psychiatric Hospital (1997); Director of Outpatient Services, Spectra Behavioral Healthcare (1995-1996); Staff Psychologist/Faculty Associate, University of West Florida Counseling Center (1992-1995); Postdoctoral Fellow in Psychotherapy, University of Texas Medical Center at Houston (1991-1992).
- Adult General Clinical.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.
- Member, American Psychological Association
- National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology, Delegate
- Brown, T.C., Sances, S., Lally, S.J., and Pylman, M.A., (2012). The Use of C-20 Data to Provide Benchmarks to Assess Programs’ Success. Poster presented at the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology Conference, New Orleans, LA.