- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Loyola University, 2006.
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Northwestern University, 2000.
- M.S., Journalism, Northwestern University, 1978.
- B.S.J., Journalism, Northwestern University, 1976.
Christopher Recter, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor, Associate Director of training and Clinical Psychology faculty member at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Chicago (ISPP, Chicago). Dr. Rector received his doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Loyola University Chicago. Dr. Rector also earned an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, and he has extensive experience working in community mental health and hospital settings in a variety of capacities. Dr. Rector's clinical areas of interest include trauma, crisis, domestic violence, bereavement/loss, and training/supervision. He is currently an active clinical researcher in the area of differences in psychiatric inpatient hospitalization admission standards between health care provider groups.
- Crisis Assessment.
- Personality Assessment.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatments.
- American Psychological Association.
- Steven D. Brown, S.D., Hacker, J., Abrams, M., Carr, A., Rector, C., et. al. (2011). Validation of a Four-Factor Model of Career Indecision Journal of Career Assessment, August, 2011.
- Brown, S.D., & Rector, C.C. (2008). Conceptualizing and diagnosing problems in vocational decision making. In S.D. Brown & R.W.Lent (Eds.), Handbook of Counseling Psychology (4th ed). New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Rector, C. (2005). Re-energizing your marriage. Great Lakes VA Healthviews, 3 (3). Milwaukee: VISN 12.
- McAdams, D.P. & Rector, C. (2001). Instructor's manual to accompany The Person. (3rdEd.). Orlando: Harcourt College Publishers.
- Rector, C. (2011). Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Lake Michigan Internship Consortium, Chicago, Il. April, 2011.
- Rector, C. (2011). Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Lake Michigan Internship Consortium, Chicago, Il. September, 2011.
- Rector, C. (2013). Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Lake Michigan Internship Consortium, Chicago, Il. September, 2013.
- Rector, C. (2012). CBT and Health Psychology Common Hour hospital-based professionals panel: “Clinical Language and Diversity in Mental Health Assessment and Interventions: A Panel Discussion.” October, 2012.
- Rector, C. (2012). Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Lake Michigan Internship Consortium, Chicago, Il. October, 2012.