Crisis Assessment and Counseling
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Loyola University, 2006.
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Northwestern University, 2000.
- M.S., Journalism, Northwestern University, 1978.
- B.S., Journalism, Northwestern University, 1976.
Christopher Rector, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor, Associate Director of training and Clinical Psychology faculty member at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Chicago (ISPP, Chicago). Dr. Rector received his doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Loyola University Chicago. Dr. Rector also earned an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, and he has extensive experience working in community mental health and hospital settings in a variety of capacities. Dr. Rector's clinical areas of interest include trauma, crisis, domestic violence, bereavement/loss, and training/supervision. He is currently an active clinical researcher in the area of diagnostic differentials between Borderline Personality Disorder and co-morbid psychiatric conditions.
- Crisis Assessment and Counseling
- Grief and Loss
- Personality Assessment
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatments
- Member, American Psychological Association
- • President-Elect, Association of Chicagoland Externship and Practicum Trainiing (ACEPT), 2017-2018
- Vergo, M. , Whyman, J., Li, Z., J Kestel, J., James, S.L., Rector, C., Salsman, J. (2017). Assessing preparatory grief in advanced cancer patients as an independent predictor of distress in an American population. Journal of Palliative Medicine (20) 1, 48-52.
- Abrams, M.D., Omarsdottir, A.O., Bjornsdottir, M.D., Einarsdottir, S., Martin, C., Carr, A., Brown, S.D., Rector, C. (2013). Measurement Invariance of the Career Indecision Profile: United States and Iceland. Journal of Career Assessment (21) 3, 469-482.
- Brown, S.D., Hacker, J., Abrams, M., Carr, A., Rector, C., et al. (2011). Validation of a four factor model of career indecision. Journal of Career Assessment, 20, accepted/online August 2011, hardcopy February, 2012, 1-19.
- Brown, S.D., & Rector, C. (2008). Conceptualizing and diagnosing problems in vocational decision making. In S.D. Brown & R.W.Lent (Eds.), Handbook of Counseling Psychology (4th ed). New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Rector, C., et al. (2017). Project title: Borderline Personality Disorder vs. Bipolar Disorder: Are They The Same Disorder? Poster presentation on quantitative analysis results on archival sample regarding convergent and discriminant validity evidence. Argosy University, Chicago, Illinois
- Rector, C. (2017). Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Presentation to doctoral Interns on Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Argosy University, Chicago LMIC Counseling Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Chiles, J. & Rector, C. (2017). “Integrated Health Care Structure and Function” presentation to Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, Illinois
- Rector, C., et al. (2017), “Diabetes and Mental Health Intervention Panel and Discussion,” Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Chicago, Illinois
- Rector, C. (2016). Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Presentation to doctoral Interns on Crisis Assessment and Counseling. Argosy University, Chicago LMIC Counseling Center, Chicago, Illinois