Areas of Focus:
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1975.
- M.S., Rehabilitation Counseling, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1971.
- B.A. Psychology, University of Hawaii, 1969.
John Tirado, Ph.D., ABPP, is an Associate Professor and Clinical Psychology faculty member at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Chicago (ISPP, Chicago). Dr. Tirado has extensive experience in community mental health in Chicago, organizational consultation to community agencies, and individual psychotherapy. He has had over 30 years of clinical experience and has taught at Argosy University, Chicago since 1990.
- Community Mental Health.
- Clinical Supervision.
- American Psychological Association.
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Illinois.
- Appointed by Governor Jim Edgar to the Multicultural Services Committee, State of Illinois.
- Interamerican Society of Psychology.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Tirado, John. Expectations for Counseling as a function of self concept development, Unpublished Masters paper, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1971.
- Tirado, John and K. Balasubramonian. A survey of parents opinions of bilingual education programs in Chicago. Study and report to the Chicago Board of Education, 1975.
- Tirado, John. Visual motor ability of anglo and latino children. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1975.
- Tirado, John, Gaviria, M., Vasquez, A., Holguin, P. & Gentile, M.. A community mental health program for the Spanish speaking population of Chicago: Eight years of evolution. Transcultural Psychiatry: A Hispanic perspective, Monograph No: 4, Spanish speaking mental health research center, 1977, pp. 35-43.