Areas of Focus:
Sleep Disorders and Sleep Medicine
- Ph.D. Indiana University, 1981
- A.B. Butler University, 1976
Jamie K. Lilie, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor and Clinical Psychology faculty member at The Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Schaumburg. Dr. Lilie received her Ph.D. in clinical Psychology from Indiana University Bloomington in 1981 with minors in Statistics and Neural Science. Previous to that she received an A.B. from Butler University, with a major in Psychology and minor in Mathematics. Previous to joining the faculty at Argosy University, Dr. Lilie has been an instructor at Loyola University Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago and Rush University, Colleges of Medicine and Nursing. Dr. Lilie's primary research interests are in sleep disorders and sleep medicine She has over 25 journal publications, primarily in the area of sleep medicine and psychology and has been a primary investigator in numerous research grants in this area. Dr. Lilie is Board Certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine and is a Certified Clinical Polysomnographer. Dr. Lilie has taught in the areas of adult development, objective psychological assessment of personality, psychopathology, sleep disorders, biological psychology, cognitive and affective processes, and statistics and research methods. She maintains a part-time private practice in Northfield, Illinois, which specializes in the treatment of sleep disorders and psychological assessment. She has worked as a school consultant since 1998, providing diagnostic psychological services to school districts and special education cooperatives serving children from pre-K through grade 12.
- Sleep Disorders and Sleep Medicine
- Research Methods and Measurement
- Member, American Psychological Association, Division 38 Health Psychology
- Dr. Lilie has received grant-funding for her research and has published and presented widely in the areas of psychological assessment, substance abuse, psychopathology, and sleep disorders. Recent publications include: Constantino, C., Dodzik, P., Williams, R., Lilie, J. et. Al. (2011) Investigation of the Relationship Between Cognitive Constructs Measured by the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status and the Dementia Rating Scale -2 in Patients with Alzheimer's Dementia, Presented at Las Vegas, NV American College of Professional Nueropsychology.
- Lilie, J.K. and Lahmeyer, H.W. (2004) Insomnia: perspectives from sleep medicine and psychiatry. In Sleep Psychiatry A.Z. Golbin, H.M. Kravtz, L. Keith, (Eds.) London: Parthenon.
- Lilie, J.K. (2004) Shift Work and circadian rhythm disorders. In Sleep Psychiatry A.Z Golbin, H.M. Kravtz, L. Keith, (Eds.) London: Parthenon.