- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, Wheaton College, 2010
- B.S. Counseling, Florida Christian College, 2004
Dr. Kristen Wright serves as the Associate Director of Clinical Training for the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Schaumburg. She earned her doctorate degree from Wheaton College where she focused on the area of clinical psychology and completed additional coursework on the integration of spirituality and psychology. Dr. Wright completed her pre-doctoral internship at Meier Clinics with a focus on partial hospitalization treatment, adult psychological assessment, and outpatient therapy. She then went on to become the Clinical Training Director at Heartland Counseling, a non-for-profit community counseling center dedicated to providing psychological services to the rural, Western Illinois community. While at Heartland, Dr. Wright oversaw therapy, diagnostic, and advanced practicum programs as well as an American Psychological Association-Accredited pre-doctoral internship program. Dr. Wright is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the state of Illinois and her clinical work has included individual and couples therapy within a private-practice context as well as psychological assessment for the Department of Social Security Disability, Department of Rehabilitation Services, and the DeKalb County Drug Court. Dr. Wright also serves as Assistant Professor and currently teaches the following courses: Diagnostic Practicum Seminar, Integrative Assessment, and Psychoanalytic Theory & Therapy. Dr. Wright’s professional presentations and research interests have focused on fatherhood and motherhood identity development, qualitative research methodologies, women’s issues, and issues of mental, physical, and spiritual balance. She currently runs a research group on campus dedicated to the study of graduate psychology student resiliency and coping.
- Clinical Psychology
- Adult Assessment
- Contemporary Psychodynamic Theory
- Clinical Supervision and Training
- American Psychological Association Member
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies Member
- Midwestern Psychological Association Member
- Wright, K. (2010). Fatherhood and the Latino community: The need for culturally-relevant programming. National Alliance for Hispanic Families.
- American Hospital Association. (2010.) ProActive Kids: LifeStyle Curriculum. Chicago, IL: Jung, J., Swatzel-Marquie, K., & Wright, K.
- Wright, K. (2010). Contemporary fathers: Perceptions of christian men. Dissertation Abstracts International, 71/10.
- Wright, Kristen. (2011, April). Spirituality and its role in fatherhood identity development. Poster presentation at the Christian Association for Psychological Studies annual convention in Portland, OR.
- Wright, Kristen. (2010, February). Contemporary fathers: What it means to be called a dad today. Psychoeducational presentation for clergy and mental health professionals at the Responsible Fatherhood Conference hosted by the federal Healthy Marriage Initiative in Chicago, IL.
- Wright, Kristen. (2010, January). Seasonal affective disorder. A presentation on the causes and treatment of seasonal affective disorder and seasonal pattern depression for mental health practitioners at Meier Clinic in Wheaton, IL
- Wright, Kristen. (2008, July). Finding psychological and spiritual balance. A presentation conducted for adult community members in DuPage County, Glen Ellyn, IL.
- Wright, Kristen. (2008, October). Dealing with loss and grief during the holidays. Presentation for grieving adults at a community church, Lombard, IL.