Areas of Focus:
Couple and Family Therapy
- Ph,D.- Marriage and Family Therapy, COAMFTE accredited doctoral program Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- M.A.- Psychology (Major: Counseling) University of Bombay, India
- B.A. (Honors)- Psychology Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Mudita Rastogi, Ph.D., is Professor and the Coordinator of the Child and Family Concentration at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Argosy University, Schaumburg, IL. She is in private practice at Aspire Consulting and Therapy, LLC, as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Dr. Rastogi obtained her Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Texas Tech University, her Master's degree in Psychology from University of Bombay, and her BA (Honors) in Psychology from University of Delhi. Dr. Rastogi has published extensively in the areas of family and couple therapy, cross-cultural and gender issues and South Asian families, and is currently an Associate Editor for the Encyclopedia of Couple and Family Therapy (In press, Springer), as well as Associate Editor for the Handbook of Couple, Marital and Family Therapy (In press, Wiley). In addition, she is Visiting Professor at Montfort College, Bangalore, India. Mudita has authored numerous journal articles, book chapters and publications for the general public. She edited the books Multicultural Couple Therapy (2009) and Voices of Color (2005), both of which were published by Sage. Mudita served as Program Director for the SAMHSA funded Minority Fellowship Program at the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) from 2011-2015. From 2005 to 2011, Dr. Rastogi worked as Associate Editor for the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy and has served as a member of the Board and reviewer for several professional journals. Mudita is a Clinical Fellow and AAMFT Approved Supervisor, and has over twenty years of clinical experience in both India and the United States with a highly diverse client population. Her research and clinical interests include couples, families, multicultural issues, South Asian clients, attachment, parenting, gender, and trauma. She frequently presents workshops nationally and internationally. Additionally, Dr. Rastogi maintains an interest in partnering with grassroots, not-for-profit organizations.
- Couple and Family Therapy
- Culture, ethnicity and gender
- South Asian families
- Trauma and substance abuse
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist- IL #166-000369
- Clinical Member- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Approved Supervisor- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Founder Member- Indian Association for Family Therapy, New Delhi, India
- Rastogi, M., & Thomas, V., Eds. (2009) Multicultural Couple Therapy. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
- Rastogi, M. (2009). Drawing gender to the foreground: Couple therapy with South Asians in the U.S. In M. Rastogi and V. Thomas, Eds. Multicultural Couple Therapy (pp.257-275). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
- Rastogi, M., & Thomas, V. (2009). Introduction to multicultural therapy. In M. Rastogi and V. Thomas, Eds., Multicultural Couple Therapy (pp. 3-8). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Rastogi, M. (2009). Asian Indians in Intercultural Marriages: Intersections of acculturation, gender and exogamy. In T. Karis and K. Killian, Eds., Intercultural Couples (pp. 189-206). Routledge: New York.
- Rastogi, M. (2007). Coping with transitions in Asian Indian families: systemic clinical interventions with immigrants. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 26 (2), 55-67.
- Rastogi, M., & Wieling E., Eds. (2005). Voices of Color: First Person Accounts of Ethnic Minority Therapists. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Rastogi, M. (2011, February). Enlarging the family: Global issues, gender, and MFTs. Workshop presentation at the Winter Think Tank, AAMFT/SAMHSA, Arlington, VA.
- Rastogi, M. (2009, October). South Asian couples in the US. Workshop presentation at the Domestic Relations Court of Cook County, Chicago, IL.
- Rastogi, M. (2006, November). Children and divorce. Panel presentation in the Transitions symposium: Helping children through divorce, Union League Civic and Arts Foundation, Chicago, IL.
- Rastogi, M. (2006, March). Lessons children teach us about families. Keynote address presented at the Indian Association for Family Therapy, 1st International Conference, New Delhi.
- Rastogi, M. (2005, March). The cultural self of the therapist. Full day workshop/training presented at the Indian Association for Family Therapy, New Delhi.
- Ganga, B., & Rastogi, M. (2010, October). The Happy Leader: Empower, envision, energize. Workshop presented at the 6th annual Asian American Leadership Forum. Chicago, IL
- Chenail, R., White, M & Rastogi, M. (2010, September). Developing Scholarly MFT Articles. Workshop presented at the annual conference of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Atlanta, GA.
- Massey-Hastings., & Rastogi, M. (March 2010). Choosing the parenting lifestyle: A psycho-educational group for couples. Poster presented at annual conference of the Illinois Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Elgin. IL.
- Rastogi, M., Thomas, V., & Addison, S. (2009, October). Multicultural couple therapy: Clinical considerations. Workshop presented at the annual conference of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Sacramento, CA.