Areas of Focus:
Assessment, Neuropsychology, Addiction Behaviors, Forensic Psychology
- Psy.D., American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Southern California, Orange, California. Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology concentration, 2011. (American Psychological Association (APA) accredited)
- B.A., Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Psychology, Criminology and Law Studies, German, 2005.
Erika Widera, Psy.D. is an Assistant Professor and Clinical Psychology faculty member at The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Southern California (ASPP, Southern California). Dr. Widera completed her undergraduate studies in psychology, criminology and law studies, and German at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She participated in the social psychology master’s program at San Diego State University for one year before transferring to the doctoral clinical psychology program at ASPP and graduating with a concentration in forensic psychology in 2011. Dr. Widera completed an APA-accredited internship with the San Bernardino County, Department of Behavioral Health and post-doctoral fellowship with The Control Center Intensive Outpatient Program in Beverly Hills. Dr. Widera is a California licensed psychologist; post-license clinical work has included a previous full-time position as a clinical therapist at West Valley Detention Center, a county jail for adults in Rancho Cucamonga, and a current part-time appointment in a private group practice conducting neuropsychological assessment with children, adolescents, and adults in Newport Beach. During her education, training, and employment, Dr. Widera has specialized in working with chronic and severe mental illness, substance use disorder, behavioral disorders, and forensic populations. Additionally, she has made neuropsychological, cognitive, and personality assessment a focus of her practice in psychology. Dr. Widera teaches courses in the areas of cognitive, personality, and integrative assessment and in diagnostic seminar. She also oversees the diagnostic portion of Argosy University Therapeutic Assessment and Psychotherapy Services (AUTAPS), the university-based clinic.
- Neuropsychological, Cognitive, and Personality Assessment
- Addiction Behaviors, Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders
- Forensic Psychology/Criminal Psychology
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Widera, E. (2018, March). Rorschach Performance Assessment System Training - Coding. Invited Presentation for Western Youth Services, Laguna Hills, CA.
- Widera, E. (2018, March). Rorschach Performance Assessment System Training – Interpretation. Invited Presentation for Western Youth Services, Laguna Hills, CA.
- Widera, E. (2012, March; 2013, May; 2014, March). An Examination of Antisocial Personality Disorder: Assessment, Conceptualization, and Treatment Considerations. Invited Topic Presentation for Didactic Training Seminar for San Bernardino County, Department of Behavioral Health Internship Program, San Bernardino, CA.
- Widera, E. (2012, March). Treatment for Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders. Invited Presentation for Didactic Training Seminar for Gerry House, Residential Treatment center, Santa Ana, CA.