Clinical training of students in psychology
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Health and Cultural Studies Emphasis, California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles, 2001
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles, 1999
- B.A., Psychology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, 1994
Tica Lopez, PhD, is an Associate Professor/ Director of Training and Clinical Psychology faculty member at The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University | Southern California (ASPP, Southern California). She hold an undergraduate degree from Loyola Marymount University, and she received a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles campus. She teaches in the clinical psychology doctoral program, her areas of expertise include clinical training of graduate students in psychology and multicultural mental health. Dr. Lopez recently became a Certified Treatment Specialist for Diverse Populations. In addition, Dr. Lopez provides clinical services at Fullerton College. Dr. Lopez is a California licensed psychologist and has her own private practice specializing in immigration evaluations. Dr. Lopez's main areas of interest include multicultural mental health, adult treatment of trauma and the clinical training of students in psychology.
- Clinical training of students in psychology
- American Psychological Association 1996- present
- California Latino Psychological Association 2004- 2006
- America Counseling Association 2001- present
- California Psychological Association (CPA) 1999- present
- Lopez, T., M.(2006). Familismo. In Y Jackson (Ed), Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Tobin, J., Bruss, G.S., Parekh, B., & Lopez, T. (2013). Assessing the Relational Capacities of Applicants to Doctoral Study in Clinical Psychology: A Group Interview Format and Observational Coding Scheme. Poster presented at the annual winter meeting of the National Schools of Professional Psychology (NCSPP), Bahamas
- Thams, K., Lopez, T., Parekh, B., & Hume, M. (2013, May). College Students and Risky Behavior: A Comparison Study. Poster presented at 25th Annual Association for Psychological Sciences Convention, Washington, D.C.
- Clow, K., Lopez, T., Parekh, B., & Hume, M. (2012, April). Alcohol consumption and safe sex practices in community college students. Poster presented at 92nd Annual Western Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
- Lopez, T., Benitez, M. (2012, November) Impact of Depression on Families. Presentation at Strageies Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Lopez, T (2012, May). Multicultural Competence in Clinical Work. Intercommunity Counseling Center, Whittier, CA