- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, Rosemead School of Psychology,1992.
- Certificate, Advanced Psychodynamic Therapy, Southern California Psychoanalytic Institute, 2000.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Rosemead School of Psychology, 1986.
- B.A., Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, 1984.
Barbara Francis, Psy.D., is an Assistant Professor and Associate Director of Clinical Training at the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia (ASPP, Northern Virginia). She is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles and received her doctoral degree at Rosemead School of Psychology, Biola University in California. She has also obtained a Certificate in Advanced Psychodynamic Therapy from the Southern California Psychoanalytic Institute for two years of post-doctoral studies. Dr. Francis has been in practice for over 20 years as both a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and a Marriage and Family Therapist. Her primary interests are psychodynamic theory, and the integration of psychology and spirituality. She has presented in nationwide conferences on spiritual and moral development, and her practice has specialized in working with personality disorders and concomitant variables, such as eating disorders, early emotional trauma, and incest; her orientations are relational, Object Relations and Attachment Theory. Before coming to the ASPP, Northern Virginia campus, Dr. Francis was Director of Clinical Training at Argosy University, Dallas. Prior to that, she worked as Clinical Director for a large, non-profit counseling organization in California, and also served as Director of Clinical Training, developing a comprehensive training program that encompassed all levels of students from pre-practicum through post doctoral. Dr. Francis has been a certified supervisor for several years and teaches Consultation and Supervision at ASPP, Northern Virginia. She has been licensed in both California and Texas, and is currently licensed in Virginia.
- Clinical Training.
- Clinical Supervision.
- Psychodynamic theory and therapy.
- American Psychological Association.
- Phi Beta Kappa Society.
- National Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology.
- Sacks, D., Kibour, Y., & Francis, B. (2011). Outcome oriented clinical training: Pilot research and stories from the field. American Psychological Association Convention.
- Francis, B., (2003). Spiritual development and moral reasoning: guidelines for parents. American Association of Christian Counselors International Conference.
- Francis, B. (2002). Growing kids god's way: A critique. American Association of Christian Counselors International Conference.