Clinical Psychology Training.
- PsyD Clinical Psychology, Rutgers University Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, 1993.
David Sacks, PsyD, is an Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Training at The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia (ASPP, Northern Virginia). As Director of Clinical Training, Dr. Sacks oversees the field placements of clinical psychology students in practicum and internship sites. He participates actively on the Training Committee of the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology. A graduate of Rutgers University's Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, he completed clinical externships at Gouverneur and Bellevue Hospitals, and internship at Beth Israel Medical Center, in New York City. He has some 15 years of experience as a clinician, supervisor, and administrator in public mental health agencies in New York City and Washington, DC, serving children, adolescents, and adults in outpatient, inpatient, and detention settings. His special interests include multicultural and immigrant mental health, child and adolescent psychotherapy, and multidisciplinary treatment planning. His theoretical approach draws on psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, family systems, and community-psychology theories. He maintains a private psychotherapy practice in Chevy Chase, MD, and is licensed as a psychologist in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Clinical Psychology Training.
- Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychotherapy.
- Public Mental Health Administration.
- Mental Health of Immigrant and Multicultural Populations.
- American Psychological Association.
- National Council of Schools & Programs in Professional Psychology.
- D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Kibour, Y., Sacks, D., & Francis, B. (2011, August). Outcome-oriented clinical training - Pilot research and stories from the field. Symposium conducted at the convention of the American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
- Sacks, D. (2011, January). Developing and Implementing an Internship Consortium. Poster presentation conducted at the conference of the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology, San Juan, PR.
- Sacks, D. (2010, June) Outcome Evaluation: APA's Implementing Regulation. Argosy University Clinical Supervisors' Workshop, Arlington, VA.
- Sacks, D., & Norbury, G. (2010, January). Development of the Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium. Poster presentation at the convention of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers, Orlando, FL.
- Sacks, D., & Kibour, Y. (2009, June). Diversity in Clinical Supervision. Argosy University Clinical Supervisors' Workshop, Arlington, VA.