Areas of Focus:
Associate Director of Clinical Training
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, 2008.
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, 2005.
- B.A., Anthropology and Latin American Studies, Wesleyan University, 2000.
Emma Arons, Psy.D., is an Associate Professor and Associate Director of Clinical Training at The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia. A graduate of the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, Dr. Arons completed her predoctoral and postdoctoral training at the Yale University School of Medicine. She received clinical practicum training at the Bilingual Treatment Program at Bellevue Hospital Center, Mount Sinai St Luke’s Hospital, and the American Institute for Cognitive Therapy in New York City. She worked for eight years as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and an Attending Psychologist at the Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where she supervised psychology interns and psychiatry residents, coordinated the psychology internship rotation in the outpatient department, and conducted individual and group psychotherapy. Dr. Arons’ clinical expertise includes cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, and interpersonal approaches, and she conducts psychotherapy in English and Spanish. Her special interests include cross-cultural psychology, clinical training and supervision, the recovery model, treatment for Personality Disorders, and the use of evidence-based interventions with community populations. Dr. Arons is licensed in Washington, D.C. and New York.
- Associate Director of Clinical Training
- Adult Psychotherapy
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Community Mental Health
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Psychologists for Social Responsibility
- Arons, E. (2017, September). Becoming a Clinical Supervisor: The Beginning Stages. Argosy University Clinical Supervisors' Workshop, Arlington, VA.
- Arons, E. (2016, October). Invited discussant for a Clinical Case Conference on the recovery model and strengths-based assessment for psychiatry residents and psychology interns at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Arons, E. (2016, October). “The Mental Health Recovery Movement, Part I and II”. Lecturer for the psychology interns at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Arons, E. (2016, August). Invited discussant for a Clinical Case Conference to teach an introduction to Dialectical Behavior Therapy for psychiatry residents and psychology interns in the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Department at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Arons, E. (2013, September). Panelist representing Montefiore Medical Center at the NYSPA Clinical Internship Fair, New York, NY.