- Ph.D. Temple University, 1994, Counseling Psychology
- Psychoanalyst, The Freudian School of Melbourn, Australia, 1986
- Clinical Psychologist (Master’s Equivalent), Ministry of Education, State of Victoria, Australia, 1981
- Honors in Psychology (Master’s Equivalent), La Troube University, Melbourne, Australia, 1978
- B.B.Sc, La Troube University, Psychology & Biology, 1976
Dr. Norbury joined the American School of Psychology (ASPP) in 2007 s the Director of the Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium (MAIC) that is affiliated with ASPP. Dr. Norbury has school, counseling, and clinical psychology training in Australia and the US and is licensed as a clinical psychologist in both countries. Dr. Norbury also has psychoanalytic training and is an analyst of the Freudian School of Melbourne, Australia. Dr. Norbury has worked with a wide range of clients including children, adolescents, and adults and has been engaged in supervision and training for over 30 years. Most recently Dr. Norbury was the Director of the Southern Mississippi Internship Consortium (APA accredited), and Clinic Director of Williamsville Wellness Center, VA (in-patient substance use disorders, eating disorders, and gambling disorders). Dr. Norbury has also worked in schools, university counseling settings, university teaching clinics, and in private practice. Dr. Norbury was a tenured faculty member and taught in the graduate programs of both the Counseling and Clinical Psychology Departments for many years at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Dr. Norbury has published several psychoanalytic papers. Dr. Norbury has been a mentor for APPIC internship Consortiums since 2008.
- Clinical training
- Clinical Supervision
- Psychodynamic theory and therapy
- American Psychological Association
- Wisconsin Psychoanalytic Society
- American Counseling Association
- Australian Psychological Society
- Norbury, G. (2012). Developing an Internship Consortium, Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium: 5 years on. Paper presentation at the annual meeting of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral & Internship Centers, Tampa, AZ.
- Norbury, G. (2011). Using Psychotherapy Outcome Measures in Supervision. Psychology Lecturer Series, Fall/Winter. Spring Grove Hospital Center, Spring Grove, MD.
- Norbury, G. (2011). Using Outcome Measures in Supervision. Implementing Outcomes Measures; Supervisor’s Workshop, ASPP at Argosy University, Washington, DC.
- Norbury, G. (2010), Using Databases and Outcomes Measures in Training; Outcome Measures: Supervisor’s Workshop, ASPP at Argosy University, Washington, DC.
- Norbury, G. (2009). Developing and Implementing Internship Consortiums, Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium. Panel presentation at the annual meeting of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral & Internship Centers, Portland, OR.