Areas of Focus:
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Assessment and Psychotherapy
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, 1985.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, 1982.
- M.A. Liturgical Studies, Catholic University, Washington, DC, 1976.
Dr. Robert Barrett, PhD, is the Dean of the College of Clinical Psychology at Argosy University. Dr. Barrett received his doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, California. Dr. Barrett also holds a Master of Arts degree in Theology and Liturgical Studies from The Catholic University of America. Dr. Barrett has held teaching positions at several colleges and was Dean of Students at St. Mary's College and University in Baltimore Maryland. Dr. Barrett has been licensed for over twenty-three years and has worked in a variety of clinical settings including the University of California Counseling and Psychological Services Program, the San Diego Police Department Psychology Program, and the Center for Social Services in San Diego. Dr. Barrett has been involved in providing psychological services to Cancer and HIV patients for the last fifteen years. Most recently, Dr. Barrett was Clinical Director and then Executive Director of the Livingston Foundation Medical Center in San Diego. In this capacity Dr. Barrett provided direct services to Cancer patients and their families as well as developed new programs in psychoneuroimmunology. While at Livingston, Dr. Barrett was also involved in various research projects and has published in the field of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Dr. Barrett has also been a Senior Consultant for Human Solutions, Inc in various consulting projects with the FAA. Dr. Barrett served six years on the Board of Directors of the Center for Social Services, San Diego, CA. He served two years as chair. Dr. Barrett is also a past president of the District of Columbia Psychological Association.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Assessment and Psychotherapy.
- Law Enforcement Psychology.
- Health Psychology.
- American Psychological Association.
- District of Columbia Psychological Association.
- National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology.
- Workshop Presenter. Theological Considerations in Working with GLBT Clients. Annual Conference of the District of Columbia Psychological Association. June 2008.
- Workshop co-participant (S. Lally, R. Eisen; S. A. Higuchi chair). 2.0 CEU. Provision of Pro Bono Parenting Coordination Services: Collaborative Pilot Project. American Psychological Association, 115th Annual convention, San Francisco, CA, August 17, 2007.
- Workshop Presenter Clinical Practice with Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Clients. District of Columbia Psychological Association March 2006.
- Workshop co-presenter (with G. Hass, R. S. Lally, & S. Higuchi), Parent coordination project. State Leadership Conference, APA Practice Directorate, Washington, DC, March 6, 2005.