- Clinical Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), 2008-2010
- PsyD Clinical Psychology, Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University/Phoenix, 2008
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University/Phoenix, 2006
Dr. Eric Johnson is the clinical psychology Program Dean and Associate Professor at the Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University (ASPP). Dr. Johnson is an alumnus of the clinical psychology program earning his doctoral degree from ASPP in 2008. He completed an APA accredited internship at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ and a two year postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Dr. Johnson was a faculty member in the sports concussion program at UPMC for five years before joining the Clinical Psychology faculty at ASPP in 2015 as the Director of Clinical Training. Dr. Johnson has clinical neuropsychology experience working with ages 10 to 100 specializing in mild traumatic brain injury.
- Sports Concussion.
- Sufrinko A, Pearce K, Elbin RJ, Covassin T, Johnson E, Kontos AP. The role of pre-existing sleep difficulties on neurocognitive impairment and symptoms following sport-related concussion. Am J Sports Med; in press.
- Pasek TA, Locasto L, Reichard J, Fazio Sumrok V, Johnson E, Kontos AP. The headache diary for children with concussion (HED-CC). Clin Nurse Spec; 2015, 29 (2).
- Elbin RJ, Kontos AP, Kegel N, Johnson E, Burkhart S, Schatz P. Individual and Combined effects of LD and ADHD on Computerized Neurocognitive Concussion Test Performance: Evidence for Separate Norms. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 2013; 28(5):476-84.
- Johnson EW, Kegel NE, Collins MW. Neuropsychological Assessment of Sports-related Concussion. In Miller M (Ed). Clinics in Sports Medicine. Elsevier. 2011: 73-88.
- Sufrinko AM, Johnson EW, Pearce KL, & Henry LC. The Influence of Sleep Duration and Sleep-related Symptoms on Baseline Neurocognitive Performance among Male and Female High School Athletes. Poster presentation at the International Neuropsychology Society Meeting, February 2015.
- Johnson, E.W., Pardini, J.E., Sandel, N., Saad, A., Lovell, M.R. Do Athletes with Dyslexia Differ at Baseline and/or at Concussion Post-injury Assessment on a Computer-based Test Battery? Poster Presentation at the National Academy of Neuropsychology Meeting, November 2014.