Clinical Psychology: MA Degree Program
The Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology degree program is designed to educate and prepare you to enter a master’s level professional career or to pursue doctoral studies in clinical psychology. The program introduces you to basic clinical skills that integrate individual and group theoretical foundations of applied psychology into appropriate client interaction and intervention skills for diverse populations.
Program Goals and Objectives
Specific objectives of the Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology degree program at the Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University include the following.
- Students will demonstrate the delivery of effective assessment services in a manner consistent with professional standards, by identifying the strengths and problems of clients and accurately communicating findings in a professional manner.
- Students will demonstrate competence in the delivery of effective interventions in a manner consistent with professional standards, by utilizing a theoretical model and applying appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Students will demonstrate competence in application of the relevant body of knowledge in the areas of psychology that form the foundation of psychological practice, by applying relevant concepts to their clinical practice.
- Students will demonstrate competence in relationship skills, by working effectively with clients, colleagues, supervisors and others.
- Students will demonstrate competence in providing professional services to clients from diverse backgrounds by integrating information about and appreciation of diversity into assessment and intervention.