Training in Professional Psychology.
- Ph.D., Personality Development, University of California, Berkeley.
- M.A. Educational Psychology, University of Michigan.
- B.A. Sociology, University of Michigan.
Dr. Morrison has been involved in training in professional psychology for more than twenty years. She is past President of the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) and past Chair of the California Psychology Internship Council (CAPIC). Dr. Morrison has been active in both regional and professional accreditation. She has been a site visitor for both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the American Psychological Association (APA) Commission on Accreditation (CoA). Dr. Morrison was a member of APA’s CoA from 2004 to 2006.
- Training in Professional Psychology.
- Accreditation Issues in Professional Psychology.
- Psychoanalytic Theory and Therapy.
- American Psychological Association.
- Division 39 American Psychological Association.
- California Psychology Internship Council, Board of Directors.
- California Psychology Association.
- Division 2 California Psychology Association.
- Schaefer, M., Newman,G., Perl, R., Morrison, A., Jordan, V., Wong, J., Ribner, N., & Montenegro, H. (2011) Shifting the paradigm: alternative perspectives and solutions to increasing the availability quality internships. Training and Education in Professional Psychology.
- Crossman, R., Horowitz, M., & Morrison, A. (2004) Intended Consequences. American Psychologist.
- Morrison, A., & Emmons, L. (2001) Part time internships: questions and concerns. Association of Psychology Pre-doctoral Internship Centers (APPIC) Newsletter, Fall 2001.
- O'Connor, L., Berry, J., Morrison, A., & Brown, S. (1995). The drug-of-choice phenomenon: Psychological differences between addicts who preferred different drugs. The International Journal of the Addictions, 30, (5), 541-555
- Pingitore, D., & Morrison, A. (1993). AIDS services offered by doctoral psychology programs: Results from a national survey. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 24, (1), 110-114.
- O'Connor, L., Berry, J. W., & Morrison, A. (1992). Retrospective reports of psychiatric symptoms before, during and after drug use in a recovering population. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 24, (1), 65-68.
- Morrison, A., O'Connor, L., & Williams, B. (1991). National Council of Schools of Professional Psychology: Core Curriculum Survey. Core Curriculum in Professional Psychology, APA, Washington D.C.
- Zur, O., & Morrison, A. (1989). Gender and war: Reexamining attitudes. Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 59, 528-533
- Block, J. H., Block, J., & Morrison, A. (1981). Parental agreement-disagreement on childrearing orientation and gender related personality correlates in children. Child Development, 52, 965-974.
- Caplan, N., Morrison, A., & Stambaugh, R. (1975). The use of social science knowledge in policy decisions at the national level. A report to respondents.Ann Arbor, MI: Institute for Social Research..
- Morrison, A., & Norbury, G. (2011). Argosy university consortia: part of the solution to the internship shortage problem. Poster presented at NCSPP Midi-winter Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Morrison, A., Perl, R., Schaefer, M., & Garcia-Shelton, L. (2009) Dispelling myths about part-time internships: what you need to know about CAPIC. Poster presented at APPIC Conference, Portland, Oregon.
- Morrison, A. (2005) Women at Work. Discussant at session sponsored by Division 35, American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.
- Pingitore, D., & Morrison, A. (1989). American psychology confronts AIDS: Report of a national survey. Paper presented at the American Psychological Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Gabay, E., & Morrison, A. (1985). AIDS phobia, homophobia and locus of control. Paper presented at the American Psychological Association, Los Angeles, CA.