Child and Adult Psychotherapy and Assessment.
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco.
- B.S. Psychology, Saint Mary’s College of Moraga.
Dr. Toyoshima is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the treatment of children, and the psychological assessment of children, adolescents, and adults. She has been in private practice over 15 years, conducting psychotherapy and psychological assessments. Dr. Toyoshima has led bereavement group therapy for children and families going through loss and terminal illnesses. For many years, Dr. Toyoshima coordinated the testing program at the Ann Martin Center, a community mental health organization where she taught assessment seminars and provided testing and clinical supervision. Dr. Toyoshima has extensive experience in assessing and treating children and adults from diverse populations using a psychodynamic perspective. Her special interests include Therapeutic Assessment, bereavement work, children in divorced families, and cultural influences in psychology. Dr. Toyoshima speaks fluent Japanese and English, and provides psychotherapy and supervision in both languages.
- Child and Adult Psychotherapy and Assessment.
- Therapeutic Assessment.
- Psychodynamic Theory and Therapy.
- Cultural Influences.