Robyn Papathakis Shannon
Areas of Focus:
Director of Clinical Training
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology, ASPP, Argosy University, Northern Virginia
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, ASPP, Argosy University, Northern Virginia
- B.A. Psychology, The University of California, Davis
Dr. Shannon is a licensed psychologist with extensive training and experience in individual therapy with adults, as well as, psychological testing with adults and children. She provides integrative therapeutic interventions, and her therapeutic repertoire includes cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic, family systems, and Gottman couples therapy. Dr. Shannon has trained at private practices, neuropsychological testing clinics, and an inner city high school setting. Her training led her to an APA-accredited Doctoral Internship with the Mid-Atlantic Internship Consortium at Washington Medical Group. Dr. Shannon is passionate about providing culturally competent care to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, sexual orientations and gender identities. Additionally, Dr. Shannon is passionate about mentorship, and has experience mentoring undergraduate interns, doctoral externs, adults with developmental disabilities, and high school students.
Prior to her doctoral training, Dr. Shannon was Director of Volunteer Programs and Office Manager with Opening Doors, Inc, providing services to survivors of human trafficking and refugees. There she honed her skills with program development and management. Additionally, Dr. Shannon’s Clinical Research Project (dissertation equivalent) was a program evaluation of a large urban university counseling center. She is passionate about continuing her work with program development and evaluation in her current DCT role.
- Director of Clinical Training
- Psychological Assessment.
- Empirically-Based Treatment of Adults
- Program Development and Evaluation
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association