- Ph.D. Clinical-Community Psychology, University of South Carolina, 1992
- A.B. (Bachelor of Arts), Psychology, Ohio University, 1981
Dr. Kathie Bates received her Ph.D. in Clinical-Community Psychology at the University of South Carolina. She is Director of Clinical Training and Associate Professor at the Florida School of Professional Psychology (FSPP), Argosy University, Tampa. Her interests are in the areas of personality assessment and disorders, trauma, depression, adjustment, coping, and resiliency. Dr. Bates provides consultation and supervision in geriatrics, psychotherapy, the Rorschach Comprehensive System, and various clinical cases. She has expertise working in the areas of gerontology, general psychopathology, psychological assessment, trauma, substance abuse, and women’s issues, with a particular interest in underserved populations. She has worked primarily with adolescents, adults, and older adults.
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Training
- General psychopathology including Axis II, trauma, substance abuse
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Personality Assessment
- Florida Psychological Association
- National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology, Delegate
- Speer, D. & Bates, K. (1992). Comorbid mental and substance disorders among older psychiatric inpatients. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 40, 886-890
- Lynn, S. & Bates, K. (1985). The reaction of others to enacted depression: The effects of attitude and topic valence. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 3(3), 268-282.
- Bates, K., Scally, M., & Heneka, E. (2011, May). Interpersonal indicators on the Rorschach: Areas of assessment and implications for treatment of couples & families. Paper presented at the Families and Couples: Facets, Facts, and Function conference, Tampa, FL.
- Saleh-Mohd, I. & Bates, K. (2007, March). An MMPI-2 study with a Muslim population in the Tampa Bay area. Poster presented at the Society for Personality Assessment Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Ross, R., Dsurney, J., Zillmer, E., Bates, K., & Altabe, M. (2005, October). Normative data for the d2 Test of Attention: An examination of age, gender, and cross-cultural indices. Poster presented at the 25th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, Tampa, FL.
- Bates, K. (2001, June). Rorschach Comprehensive System update: New variables and interpretive modifications. Continuing Education Workshop, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Florida Psychological Association, Tampa, FL.
- Bates, K. (2001, April). An introduction to additional MMPI-2 validity and supplementary scales. Continuing Education Workshop, Pinellas Chapter of the Florida Psychological Association, St. Petersburg, FL.