- Ph.D., School Psychology, University of Cincinnati, 1985.
- M.Ed., School Psychology, University of Cincinnati, 1979.
- B.A., Linguistics, Miami University, 1975.
Jil Leverone, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor and Clinical Psychology faculty member at the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University (MSPP). Dr. Leverone’s professional experience and training spans 30 years and includes extensive work with children, families and adults in a clinical practice setting, as well as the educational system. In addition, Dr. Leverone has had the opportunity to provide supervision and consultation to numerous individuals and groups – including those just beginning their professional career and those who are seasoned professionals. Over the past 30 years, Dr. Leverone has taught and facilitated a wide range of classes, workshops and trainings at an academic and community level, in the areas of assessment, clinical practice, trauma, mindfulness, emotional intelligence and parenting. Dr. Leverone has also contributed in a leadership capacity to several non-profit organizations including Rainbow Families, MN Women Psychologists, Illuminadas and, most recently, Midwest Meditation and Psychotherapy Institute.
- Children and Families.
- Minnesota Women in Psychology.
- American Psychological Association.
- Leverone, J. (2003) Being Young and Gay in Minnesota: Mental Health Priorities. MN Child Psychologists Symposium, Minneapolis, MN.
- Leverone, J. (2001) Mindfulness and the Challenges of Parenting. Compassionate Ocean Dharma Center and Center for Mindful Living, Minneapolis, MN.
- Leverone, J. (2003) Mindful Parenting of Teenagers: Creating Calm in the Midst of Chaos. Friends School of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN.
- Leverone, J. (2001). Mindful Parenting: Cultivating Calm in the Midst of Chaos (2001). Home and Family: A Symposium for Men and Women. Concordia University, St. Paul, MN.
- Leverone, J. (1993) Developmental Issues for Children: Birth through 18 years. Ramsey County Guardian Ad Litem Training Program, Winter Series, St. Paul, MN.
- Leverone, J. (2011). Mindfulness and Children: How Does It Work and Why? Child & Adolescent Mental Health Annual Conference, Duluth MN.
- Young, M. & Leverone, J. (2010) Mindfulness. Outside the Box Conference, University of Minnesota.
- Glaser, T. & Leverone, J. (2008) Resiliency and Emotionally Intelligent Parenting, Rainbow Families 14th Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Leverone, J. & Glaser, T. (2007) Raising Emotionally Intelligent Kids and Teens. Rainbow Families 13th Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Leverone, J. (1988). Women’s Definitions of their Successes and Failures. Annual meeting of the Association of Women in Psychology. Washington, D.C.