Areas of Focus:
- Ph.D., Clinical Community Psychology, University of Nebraska, 1992.
- M.A., Clinical Community Psychology, University of Nebraska, 1989.
- B.A., Psychology and English, University of South Dakota, 1986.
Marcia Bennett, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor and Clinical Psychology faculty member at the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University (MSPP). Dr. Bennett received her Ph.D. in Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of Nebraska. She has since worked as a clinical psychologist at Ramsey County Mental Health Center where she did therapy with children, adolescents, adults and families and completed custody and forensic evaluations and consultations with the County Court, Social Service and Corrections Systems. Dr. Bennett has a part-time private practice in St. Paul, Minnesota where she performs assessment and therapy with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. She currently performs consultative and educative services in addition to her work for MSPP. Her areas of interest include attachment, children and adolescents, development, dual diagnoses, forensics, giftedness, psychopathology, family violence, divorce and custody, and trauma.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Children, Adolescents and Families.
- Developmental Psychopathology.
- Jacobs, J.E., Bennett, M.A. & Flanagan, C. (1993). Family decision making in early adolescence; influence and information use. Journal of Early Adolescence, 13, 245-266.
- Bennett, M.A. (2010). Expanding the scope of trauma interventions beyond individual symptoms. Presentation at Traumatology Symposium, Sarasota, FL.
- Bennett, M.A. & Bennett, M.K. (2010). Trauma and the school age child. Presentation at Traumatology Symposium, Sarasota, FL.
- Bennett, M.A. (2009). Children and trauma. Presentation at Neighborhood Involvement Program, Minneapolis, MN.
- Bennett, M.A. (2007-2011). Writing research papers. Presentations at Academic Resource Center, Argosy University, Eagan, MN.
- Bennett, M.A. (2004). Stress management. Presentation at Arts Institute, Minneapolis, MN.