Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Psychology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology promotes understanding of human behavior and mental functioning, preparing students for human services and scientific inquiry careers.
Why a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology?
The BA in Psychology is a versatile degree, which enables students to develop the liberal arts competencies needed for thriving in a modern complex society, along with the psychological knowledge and skills to contribute in this field. Graduates are prepared to apply their knowledge across a wide variety of professional settings, including human services, education and business, and to continue their education within human service professions, law or business.
Why a Psychology Degree at Argosy University?
The Psychology program at Argosy University affords students many exciting opportunities, such as an active Virtual Psychology Club featuring monthly speakers and hosted by our faculty and deans. All our faculty members are professionals in the field who readily share their expertise and bring course content to life. Students can customize their education by selecting one of six concentrations, such as Criminal Justice or Substance Abuse. Finally, qualified undergraduates may apply to the Master’s Accelerated Plan, to enroll in eligible graduate courses as part of completing program electives and then continue into select master’s programs with advanced standing.
- The Psychology faculty aligned the curriculum with APA Guidelines for Undergraduate Psychology programs
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Work with an admission team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Experience an efficient process that enables most applicants to start the program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Have the opportunity to learn from experts who are using psychology in a variety of clinical, community and organizational settings
- You can complete 120 credit hours that teach you about theory and methods in the broad field of psychology, and provide opportunities to go deep with a concentration
- Experience the support and guidance of advisors, faculty and tutors who help facilitate your meeting degree requirements, while balancing schoolwork and other commitments
My education to date [at Argosy University, Washington, DC*], both at the undergraduate and graduate level, has progressively built a solid foundation to support my ultimate educational goal of achieving a doctorate in counseling as well. This point cannot be understated.
Michael R. Carter
2014 BA Psychology
Senior Configuration Manager, Sierra Management and Technologies
*As of 2016, Argosy University, Northern Virginia