Doctor of Education (EdD) in Counselor Education & Supervision
Discover Your Future at Argosy University with an EdD in Counselor Education & Supervision Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The EdD in Counselor Education & Supervision degree program prepares counselors to serve in supervisory, training and teaching positions.
Why a Doctor of Education Degree in Counselor Education & Supervision?
Do you want to share your knowledge and experience to mentor and educate future counselors? Do you want to be a scholar and advance the counseling profession? A Doctor of Education degree in Counselor Education & Supervision prepares counselors to serve in supervisory, training and teaching position. You can learn advanced theories and skills to provide leadership and advocacy, as well as serve in supervisory, training, research, and teaching positions in the counseling profession.
Why a Counselor Education & Supervision Degree at Argosy University?
Argosy University’s EdD in Counselor Education & Supervision program prepares you to seek supervisory, training and teaching positions in the counseling field.
You’ll enjoy a developmental curriculum designed to meet you where you are and help you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success. Flexible delivery formats accommodate working professionals while professors and a support team help you achieve your goals. Learn how to become a practitioner scholar from other practitioner scholars.
- Many locations are accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)*
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
*Campuses include Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Sarasota, & Northern Virginia
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Enjoy an admissions team eager to answer your questions and to assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options to make your academic goals affordable
- Gain from an efficient process that enables you to start your program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a 60 credit hour program that accommodates working professionals and mentors you toward professional achievement
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with a diverse expertise
- Enjoy a developmental curriculum and support team that meets you where you are and helps you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
The professors are willing to share their personal experience with me and advise me on [the path to a] career. Once I'd interviewed and met the staff [at Argosy University, Northern Virginia], I knew this was the university for me.
2016 Graduate, Doctor of Education, Counselor Education & Supervision, Argosy University, Northern Virginia
Vocational Rehabilitation Evaluator, North Carolina State Department