Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage & Family Therapy
Discover Your Future at Argosy with a Marriage & Family Therapy Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy program prepares you to help individuals, couples and families through consultation and counseling.
Why a Master of Arts Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy?
Marriage and family therapy focuses on mental health and emotional wellness, promoting effective relationships, healthy individuals and functional couples and families.
In addition to giving you the knowledge and skills to help others, this program can also help you gain insight into yourself and how you relate to your significant others and the world. You’ll have the opportunity to learn to work with a diverse range of clients in a variety of treatment settings, such as mental health clinics, counseling centers and private practices.
Why a Marriage & Family Therapy Degree at Argosy University?
The Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy program can give you the knowledge and skills necessary to help bring about positive change for individuals, couples and families. You’ll have the opportunity to learn to effectively apply the psychological theory, systems theory, research and ethical therapeutic skills you’ve acquired in a variety of settings. Our flexible formats accommodate working professionals, while our supportive faculty is committed to helping you achieve your professional goals.
- Some campus programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)*
* Campuses include Denver, Twin Cities and Salt Lake City
- Argosy University is accredited by the Senior College and University Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Enjoy an admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Gain from an efficient process that enables you to start your program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a program that accommodates working professionals and is aligned with Marriage and Family Therapy licensure in some states*
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with clinical field experience**
- Enjoy a developmental curriculum and support team that meets you where you are and helps you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
Argosy University, Salt Lake City, was flexible with my schedule and my need to work while attending school. I learned so much from each instructor. They all were willing to go the extra mile to teach and prepare us to be effective therapists.
Elizabeth Harrell, MA Marriage & Family Therapy Alumna, Class of '16