Master of Arts (MA) in Sport-Exercise Psychology
Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Sport-Exercise Psychology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Master of Arts in Sport-Exercise Psychology program prepares you to help individuals, coaches, athletes and teams restore or enhance performance.
Why a Master of Arts Degree in Sport-Exercise Psychology?
Do you want to help enrich sports and improve athletic performance? The sport-exercise psychology field uses psychological knowledge and skills to positively influence sports, athletic performance, exercise and physical activity, as well as to enhance general health and well-being. By working to diminish psychological blocks while increasing motivation and focus, you can help others leverage their mental capabilities to improve their physical performance.
Why a Sport-Exercise Psychology Degree at Argosy University?
The Master of Arts in Sport-Exercise Psychology program is designed to educate and train students to function as capable and ethical performance enhancement specialists. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a foundation in applied sport psychology, an understanding of normal and abnormal psychological functioning, and a knowledge base in the physiological, motor, and psychosocial aspects of sport behavior.
- A 30 credit hour program offered in a 5-week format that progresses you efficiently toward degree completion
- Argosy University, Atlanta offers a 48 credit hour program that includes 6 credit hours of practicum and practicum seminar
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Enjoy an admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Gain from an efficient process that enables most applicants to start the program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a 30-(or 48) credit hour program that accommodates working professionals
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with field experience**
- Enjoy a developmental curriculum and support team that meets you where you are and helps you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
My academic counselor and finance counselor played a huge role in helping me to get through my degree programs on-time and with a strong GPA. I loved feeling the support from this school.
2014, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
2015, Master of Arts, Sport-Exercise Psychology
Director of Support Programs, Special Olympics Arizona