Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Counseling Psychology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Counseling Psychology program helps students use psychological knowledge and skills to promote well-being in others.
Why a Doctor of Education Degree in Counseling Psychology?
Are you working in the human services field and want to increase your impact on others by expanding your knowledge and skills in psychology? The Counseling Psychology field is designed to improve the lives of individuals, couples, families and groups. Pursuing a doctorate can enhance your psychological knowledge and skills, while augmenting your status and opportunities. Training in this field enables graduates to seek employment in a myriad of settings doing a variety of tasks from research, psychological assessments, consultation and clinical practice.
Why a Counseling Psychology Degree at Argosy University?
The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Counseling Psychology program is designed to develop professional practitioners who possess the essential attitudes, knowledge and skills to provide ethical and quality services. The curriculum emphasizes the meaningful integration of research, theory, training, and practice. Practitioner scholars provide you with the individual attention you need to academically succeed.
Choose Between Two Argosy EdD in Counseling Psychology Programs:
- A License-Eligible* program is available at our California campuses
- A Non-Licensure program is available online** and at our Northern Virginia campus
* Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
**Offered only in the 80 percent online format through Argosy University, Online Programs.
Download the Student Achievement Data PDF.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Enjoy an admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Gain from an efficient process that enables most applicants to start the program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a 60-credit hour program that accommodates working professionals
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with field experience**
- Enjoy a developmental curriculum and support team that meets you where you are and helps you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
[Argosy University, San Francisco Bay Area is] very veteran-friendly and offered me a veteran [scholarship] to attend for my doctorate. The low teacher to student ratio is perfect for my needs.
Karen M. Wall
2015, EdD Counseling Psychology
Mental Health Nurse Educator, Veterans’ Administration Palo Alto Health Care System