Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Clinical Mental Health Counseling Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program prepares you to help individuals and groups through psychoeducation and counseling.
Why a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling?
Clinical mental health counseling promotes mental health and wellness. Addressing issues such as depression, anxiety, addiction, relationship issues and behavioral problems, the approach is a blend of traditional psychotherapy and practical problem-solving.
In addition to giving you the knowledge and skills to help others, this program can also help you gain insight into yourself. You’ll have the opportunity to learn to work with a diverse range of clients in a variety of treatment settings, such as mental health clinics, psychiatric hospitals, counseling centers and private practices.
Why a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Argosy University?
The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program can give you the knowledge and skills necessary to help bring about positive change for individuals, couples and families. You’ll have the opportunity to learn to effectively apply the psychological theory, research and ethical therapeutic counseling skills you’ve acquired in a variety of settings. Our flexible formats accommodate working professionals, while our supportive faculty is committed to helping you achieve your professional goals.
- Many campuses have programs that are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)*
*Campuses include Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Washington D.C.
- Argosy University, Atlanta and Argosy University, Northern Virginia are pleased to share the news that the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, has granted eight years continued accreditation to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program and the Doctor of Education in Counselor Education & Supervision programs at Argosy University, Atlanta and Argosy University, Northern Virginia.
- Argosy University is accredited by the Senior College and University Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Work with an admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Experience an efficient process that enables most applicants to start the program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a 60-credit hour program that accommodates working professionals and is aligned with counselor licensure in some states*
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with clinical field experience**
- Experience a developmental curriculum and support team that meets you where you are and helps you to gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
My instructors at Argosy University helped me to see what I could be—as well as challenged my beliefs. When I struggle through personal situations, I fall back on the things they taught me and come out stronger.
Jennifer Atencio, MA Clinical Mental Health CounselingAlumna, Class of ‘11
Family Advocacy Counselor, United States Marine Corps