Doctor of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership
Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Educational Leadership EdD Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/08/2017
The EdD in Educational Leadership is designed to prepare educators as change agents and leaders in the field of education.
Why a Doctor of Education Degree in Educational Leadership?
The EdD in Educational Leadership non-certification degree program is designed for those students preparing for or enhancing their careers as educational leaders in professional positions. The program of study can help the student to develop the interpersonal skills and professional competencies necessary to be responsive to all facets of a pluralistic society and to effect positive change in the lives of all students.
Why an Educational Leadership Degree at Argosy University?
The EdD in Teaching and Learning is designed within a practitioner-researcher framework. The program values the development of professional competence and interpersonal effectiveness to develop learning communities that are ethically and culturally responsive to all facets of a pluralistic society. Learning experiences across the program can foster students’ individuality, cultural awareness, social responsibility, and creative inquiry. The program can prepare students to develop learning communities dedicated to effecting change in the field of education.
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs across all campuses of Argosy University and its online programs. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wscuc.org).
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you will:
- Work with an admissions team and program faculty to answer questions and assist your through the application process.
- Learn from a financial aid team about the options for making your academic goals more affordable.
When you’re enrolled, you will have the opportunity to:
- Complete a 60 credit program that accommodates working professionals.
- Be taught by faculty, including members who are practitioner scholars in the field of Education.
- Experience a field-based curriculum that allows for the development of interpersonal and professional skills.
*Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy