Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Higher & Postsecondary Education Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/08/2017
See how our Higher & Postsecondary Education EdD program can prepare leaders in academic affairs, student affairs, or student services divisions in postsecondary organizations.
Why a Doctor of Education Degree in Higher & Postsecondary Education?
The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Higher & Postsecondary Education degree can provide the content knowledge and skills needed to be effective educational leaders or consultants in academic affairs, student affairs, or student services divisions within postsecondary educational organizations and divisions.
Why a Higher & Postsecondary Education Degree at Argosy University?
The EdD in Higher & Postsecondary Education is designed within a practitioner-researcher framework. The program values the development of professional competence and interpersonal effectiveness to develop communities of practice which are ethically and culturally responsive to all facets of postsecondary educational organizations. The program can prepare candidates to use data and research to drive decision-making to generate real-world solutions to issues faced by members of the student services divisions in community colleges, technical schools and institutes, four-year colleges and universities, as well as government, military, religious, profit or nonprofit and divisions.
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs across all campuses of Argosy University and its online programs. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wscuc.org).
Download the Student Achievement Data PDF.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you can:
- Work with an admissions team and the program faculty to answer questions and assist you through the application process.
- Learn from a financial aid* team about the options for making your academic goals more affordable.
When you’re enrolled, you can:
- Complete a 60 credit program that accommodates working professionals.
- Be taught by faculty members, including those who are practitioner scholars in the field of Education and are engaged in postsecondary education**.
- Experience a field-based curriculum that allows for the development of interpersonal and professional skills.
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy