Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Educational Administration MAEd Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
The Master of Arts in Education in Educational Administration prepares educators seeking administrative credentialing as school principals.
Why a Master of Arts in Education Degree in Educational Administration?
Candidates must demonstrate competency in educational leadership performance standards to be an effective leader in a wide variety of schools and communities. The MAED in Educational Administration program emphasizes leadership; teaching and learning; organizational, financial, legal, and system management; as well as ethical, technological, cultural and social requirements necessary to be a successful P-12 school principal. Based on state requirements, students may be required to complete additional experiences or coursework.
Why an Educational Administration Degree at Argosy University?
Consistent with the Argosy University College of Education mission, scholarship, professionalism and social responsibility are integral to the preparation and induction of candidates, as is respect for cultural and linguistic diversity. Field and clinical practice requirements provide experience across the breadth of school and district administration, allowing candidates to demonstrate and apply knowledge, dispositions, and skills that have a positive impact on student learning.
The College of Education at Argosy University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs across all campuses of Argosy University and its online programs. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you will:
- Work with a qualified admissions team trained to assist with application and programmatic issues and questions.
- Work with qualified financial aid* representatives to explore all options for an affordable route to realize your professional goals.
- Experience a streamlined, but thorough admissions process to begin your program in a timely manner.
When you’re enrolled, you will:
- Engage in 30 credit hours (36 credit hours for AU, Salt Lake City) of a learner-centered program geared to provide a wide range of classroom and field based experiences.
- Experience instructional interactions with an experienced** and competent faculty.
- Be required to meet all program requirements and pass all state required certification exams for completion of the MAED Educational Administration program.
*Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy