Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Veterinary Technology
Live Your Love of Animals with a Veterinary Technology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Veterinary Technology prepares students to be competent, collaborative members of the team caring for animals in a variety of settings.
Why an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Veterinary Technology?
Turn your love of animals into a career! Veterinary technicians assist veterinarians in caring for animals and play a vital role in the daily operation of clinics and other facilities, such as wildlife rehabilitation centers and zoos. The comprehensive Argosy curriculum and real-world experiences prepare students to care for a wide variety of animals, from dogs and cats, to large animals and exotics. Graduates are prepared to take required certification exams*.
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
Why a Veterinary Technology Degree at Argosy University?
Argosy University, Twin Cities, has been training students to be Veterinary Technicians for over forty-five years. Under the supervision of our experienced instructors, our students interact with animals from area shelters to improve the patients’ health and well-being and improve their chances for permanent adoption. These interactions also provide our students with real-life experiences that develop skills and techniques they will use in their careers.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- The Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you will:
- Work with a dedicated Admissions Representative who is knowledgeable in the program and eager to answer your questions and assist you through the admissions process
- Have the opportunity to learn from a team of financial aid experts about how to make achieving your educational goals more affordable
- Be supported by a program chair and academic advisor to help chart your course to graduation, ensuring you take the right classes in the right order.
When you’re enrolled, you will experience:
- A flexible program offering day and evening courses and full and part-time options to fit into your busy life
- Real-world animal care experience and support from knowledgeable instructors who know you by name and care about your success.**
- Relevant coursework and patient care experiences that help prepare you for your career, supported by a full team of educational professionals from enrollment to graduation.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Service has been very impressed with the quality of Veterinary Technicians that have graduated from Argosy University Twin Cities. Argosy does an excellent job of preparing their students for the real world. The hands-on instruction and learning they receive builds confidence, which in turn results in graduates ready for the workforce. Upon graduation, Argosy tech's have the knowledge and skills that enables them to easily blend with our seasoned CVT's and to form a unified team. A Veterinary Technology degree from Argosy is highly recommended.
Brian Kleist, SPHR, SHRM-SCP Human Resources, Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Service