Associate of Science (AS) in Dental Hygiene
Discover Your Future at Argosy University, Twin Cities with a Dental Hygiene Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 20+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is five semesters (twelve credits per semester)
The Dental Hygiene program prepares you to provide therapeutic dental care by instilling knowledge, skills, and ethical values of professional practice.
Why an Associate of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene?
Dental Hygiene is a dynamic field and burgeoning with opportunity. Employment of dental hygienists is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook*, research has linked oral health to overall general health, driving increased demand for dental hygienists. As a graduate, you can become an integral part of a dental health care team and provide services such as educating patients, treating dental disease and offering preventative dental care to patients of all ages. You may treat patients directly or perhaps choose to work as an educator, researcher, administrator or business professional.
Why a Dental Hygiene Degree at Argosy University?
- You’ll participate in a variety of learning opportunities with clinical experience
- You’ll work with faculty members that are experienced practitioners
- Engage in an as little as a five-semester program
- You’ll work in an established dental clinic
- Enjoy Student American Dental Hygiene Association membership opportunities
- You can develop critical thinking, interpersonal and technical skills
The Dental Hygiene program at Argosy University, Twin Cities is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Graduates of the program must successfully pass three exams prior to being issued a license* to practice dental hygiene: The American Dental Association (ADA) National Board Dental Hygiene Exam (NBDHE), the Central Regional Dental Testing Service (CRDTS) exam required by the practicing state, and the state jurisprudence exam for dental hygienists.
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Learn about the program requirements and commitment required to help you become successful
- Work with an admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a program that is aligned with the standards for the field of dental hygiene
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with dental hygiene field experience**
- Enjoy a school that is dedicated to your needs as a student, and ready to meet you where you are and help you gain the knowledge and skills needed for your success in this exciting field
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy