Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Histotechnology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Histotechnology AAS degree prepares students to work as an integral part of the healthcare team by providing the means to diagnose a variety of medical conditions.
Why an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Histotechnology?
For people who are passionate about the health and well-being of patients, but prefer “behind the scenes” to patient contact, a degree in histotechnology could be a great fit. Our program teaches students the technical, critical thinking and teamwork skills they need to be a key part of the healthcare team.
Why a Histotechnology Degree at Argosy University?
Under the supervision of our program chair and faculty, who together have over 50 years of experience in the field, students perfect a variety of technical and teamwork skills. Upon graduation, students are eligible to take the American Society for Clinical Psychology (ASCP) Histotechnician Board of Certification exam*.
Students who come to our program with a completed bachelor’s degree with 30 credit hours in biology or chemistry and graduate are eligible to sit for the ASCP Histotechnologist Board of Certification exam*.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- The AAS in Histotechnology degree at Argosy University, Dallas and Twin Cities is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for the Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Argosy University, does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you will
- Work with a dedicated Admissions Representative who will answer your questions and guide you through the enrollment process
- Have the opportunity to learn from a team of financial aid experts about how to make achieving your educational goals more affordable
- Be supported by a program chair, clinical coordinator, faculty and academic advisor to help chart your course to graduation, ensuring you take the right classes in the right order
When you’re enrolled, you will experience
- Individualized support from knowledgeable instructors with real-world laboratory experience, who know you by name and care about your success.**
- Relevant coursework, laboratory experiences, and a clinical training externship that will help prepare you for your career in the field
- Academic, financial aid and enrollment support from a broad base of academic professionals with a sincere interest in your success
**Credential and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors
Once I was actually in the lab at school—that's where everything came to life. Developing the muscle memory and technique for what I do was very important. You cannot do my job without this training.
2014, Associate of Applied Science, Histotechnology,
Argosy University, Twin Cities