Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Medical Technology Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 30+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Half Time in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Medical Technology program prepares students to work as a key member of a diagnostic healthcare team by performing advanced diagnostic tests that help physicians accurately detect and diagnose disease and other medical conditions.
Why a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology?
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology program helps students take their education and skills to the next level. The job of Medical Technologist requires a high level of judgment and expertise. They are trained to perform complex clinical laboratory testing, write and implement new procedures, evaluate test results, and establish and monitor new programs to ensure the accuracy of the laboratory testing. Many Medical Technologists choose instead to pursue a management pathway within their hospital, clinic or other laboratory setting.
Why a Medical Technology Degree at Argosy University?
Students who have completed an associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology and are interested in obtaining a more advanced degree may find that the Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology degree is right for them. Under the supervision of our Program Chair and Faculty, students can learn advanced technical, critical thinking, problem solving and teamwork skills. Graduates of our program are prepared to sit for the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification Exam*. Granting of the degree/certificate is not contingent upon the student passing any type of external certification or licensure examination.
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.
- Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Accrediting Commission for the Senior Colleges and Universities.
- The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology Degree Program at Argosy University, Twin Cities is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (8410 West Bryn Mawr, Suite 670, Chicago, IL 60631, 1.773.714.8880).
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When you’re applying, you will:
- Work with a dedicated Admissions Representative who will answer your questions and guide you through the enrollment process.
- Learn from a team of financial aid experts about how to make achieving your educational goals more affordable.
- Be supported by a program chair, clinical coordinator, and academic advisor to help chart your course to graduation, ensuring you take the right classes in the right order.
When you’re enrolled, you will experience:
- Individualized support from knowledgeable instructors with real world laboratory experience who know you by name and care about your success.**
- Relevant coursework, laboratory experiences, and a clinic training externship that help prepare you for a career in the field.
- Academic, financial, and enrollment support from a broad base of academic professionals with a sincere interest in your success.
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
One person can make a difference and everyone should try.
John F. Kennedy