Discover Your Future at Argosy University with a Public Health Degree
Diverse Students in this Program
Students are ages 40+ in this Program
Students Enrolled Full Time** in this Program
*Argosy University program census, 09/16/2016
**Full-time is one course per term
The Master of Public Health program prepares you to close the gap between the concepts of public health and the realities of actual practice to improve health and well-being.
Why a Master’s Degree in Public Health?
The MPH is a management and administrative degree that helps move people beyond entry level work in public health to more supervisory or managerial roles. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (2015) states that the number of health managerial positions is growing at a 17% rate from 2014 to 2024. With this exceptional growth in the field, more public health professionals are required to help develop, implement and evaluate public health interventions and processes to build a healthier nation.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2015). Occupational Outlook Handbook, Health Educators and Community Health Workers & Medical and Health Services Managers. Retrieved from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.
Why a Public Health Degree at Argosy University?
The MPH program at Argosy University provides a broad range of curriculum and field practice that will allow students to graduate with a working knowledge of public health services, actual hands-on experiences using their skills and knowledge in the public health environment, and the ability to occupy a leadership role and uphold the essential services of public health.
Download the Student Achievement Data PDF.
Learn More About This Program
What to Expect
When You're Applying
- Work with an admission team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process
- Learn from a financial aid team about options for making your academic goals more affordable
- Experience an efficient process that enables most applicants to start the program within two months of applying
When You're Enrolled
- Attend a 45-credit hour program that accommodates working professionals and is aligned with the CEPH standards for the field
- Be taught and mentored by professors who are practitioner scholars with public health field experience**
- Enjoy a school that is dedicated to your needs as a student, and ready to meet you where you are and help you gain the knowledge and skills needed for success
**Credentials and experience levels vary by faculty and instructors.
Working on a class project, I saw problems associated with homeless youth and young adults in Minnesota. I was moved and motivated to act, which led to the [creation of] Lifeconnect Incorporated.
2014, Master of Public Health
Executive Director, Lifeconnect Incorporated