Atlanta Master of Science (MS) in Health Services Management Courses & Admissions Requirements
Health Services Management MS Courses & Requirements | Argosy University, Atlanta Learn more about our Master of Science in Health Services Management Courses and Admissions Requirements at Argosy University, Atlanta. https://www.argosy.edu/locations/atlanta/health-sciences-1/master-of-science-in-health-services-management/course-requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, a nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Health Sciences, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- A grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 as described below. Additional requirements may apply.
- 2.7 GPA for the bachelor's degree, or
- 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of coursework (including graduate work), or
- Between 2.0 and 2.7 for the bachelor's degree. Students admitted with a GPA between 2.0-2.7 must enroll in within the first 15 week semester and pass within the first 38 weeks.
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " ."
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- If the basis of admission is an earned bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a scale of 4.0), an official transcript from the degree granting institution
- If the basis of admission is a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for the last 60 hours of coursework, official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended during the 60 hours of study
Core Course Requirements — Students Are Required to Take the Following
HM6010 - Seminar in Current Healthcare Trends and Issues(3)
HM6020 - Accounting and Finance for Managers(3)
HM6030 - Business Operations and Economic Principles(3)
HM6040 - Healthcare Organizations and Administration(3)
HM6050 - Healthcare Policy and Analysis(3)
HM6060 - Health Law and Ethics(3)
HM6070 - Health Outcomes and Behaviors(3)
HM6080 - Health Planning and Marketing(3)
HM6100 - Leadership in Organizations(3)
HM6110 - Management and Organizational Behavior(3)
HM6120 - Management Information Systems(3)
HM6130 - Principles of Negotiation and Risk Management(3)
HM6140 - Quantitative Methods(3)
HM6160 - Health Service Management: A Summative Review(3)
Core Course Requirements — 42 Credit Hours
Elective Requirements — Students Choose One of the Following
B6027 - Perspectives in Change Leadership(3)
Alternative elective approved by department chair (3)
- Alternative elective approved by department chair (3)
Elective Requirements — 3 Credit Hours