Our academic programs focus on the interpersonal skills vital to professional achievement.
Dallas Master of Science (MS) Degree in Human Services
Select a different location
Program InformationThe Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree program at Argosy University, Dallas is designed to prepare students to work in public and private human services agencies and organizations such as mental health centers, guidance centers, mental hospitals, alcohol and drug treatment centers, and correctional institutions. This degree program is intended for individuals already employed in the human services field who wish to advance or those who plan to change careers to the human services professions. Students will have an opportunity to apply relevant academic theory to practice through a competency-based curriculum. The MS in Human Services degree program is designed to develop an understanding of the needs of diverse populations, as well as the systems essential to operating human service programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Outcome One: Theoretical Application
• Apply the knowledge, theory, and skills of the human service profession to support sound decision-making and improve service outcomes.
Program Outcome Two: Interdisciplinary Practice
• Integrate knowledge and skills from multiple disciplines into professional practice, such as effecting behavioral change, applying systems thinking, and achieving service outcomes.
Program Outcome Three: Research
• Develop skills in inquiry, critical thinking, and decision making to initiate change and evaluate its consequences for the human services field.
Program Outcome Four: Personal Value Systems and Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Develop self-awareness and a service oriented value system to establish, build, and sustain effective working relationships that address the needs of service populations.
Program Outcome Five: Multicultural Competence
• Analyze the unique characteristics of diverse populations and apply culturally responsive strategies to strengthen professional practice and enhance service outcomes.
Program Outcome Six: Professional Ethics
• Analyze and apply the ethical and social responsibilities of the human services professional to practice.
Program Outcome Seven: Policy Advocacy
• Examine social and group dynamics, and evaluate the policy development cycle for advocacy avenues, communication strategies, and coalition building opportunities to effect social change.
Program Outcome Eight: Administration of Human Services
• Execute duties and responsibilities that support and promote the organizational mission, including managing group performance and evaluating programs to assess their effectiveness and viability.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in the Argosy University, Dallas master’s degree in Human Services program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.